Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ca Phe Sua Da (Vietnamese Iced Coffee)





Ca Phe Sua Da
(Vietnamese Iced Coffee)

For the first time in a long while I treated myself to a luxurious Vietnamese Iced Coffee.  I grew up drinking coffee the way my mother liked it, thick and creamy yet incredibly strong.  I've never grown accustomed to Folgers and what not, it's like drinking bitter water!  However, having a one year old doesn't really allow me the time to use the ever time consuming drip method to brew my coffee.  I've found that instant coffee can still give me the decadent results I'm looking for.




My brand of choice is G7 Instant Coffee: Coffee mix 3in1.  The mix includes coffee, non-dairy cream, and sugar.  It's great for both hot and iced coffee.  I prefer really strong coffee and usually use at least two packets depending on the amount of coffee I want.  Instead of adding cream and sugar I use sweetened condensed milk.  It will probably kill me someday but it adds a richness you can't get otherwise.


  • 2 packets G7 instant coffee
  • 1 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
  • 3-4 Tbsp boiling water
  • ice cubes 


Open two packets of G7 instant coffee into a glass and add sweetened condensed milk.  Pour enough boiling water over to dissolve coffee.  Add ice cubes and stir.  Add water until you achieve desired consistency.  You can also adjust the amount of sweetened condensed milk to your liking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment